We Want to Be Your Partner:
At SFE, we know that your district is special, and we are committed to partnering with you to create a custom, foodservice program that not only delights your students, but also engages your entire team.
World-class Onsite Team Support:
No food service company in the world can provide services without a dedicated frontline staff. That’s why SFE invests a significant number of hours and ample resources in building a cohesive team that is well-trained, happy and well supported.
- We commit to working with 100% of your current staff, bringing in top culinary, compliance, nutrition, HR, and operations leaders to ensure the entire team’s success
- We listen well and work together to incorporate new ideas for serving your students
- We guarantee full compliance with state and federal regulations, providing careful quality controls for food safety, sanitations and nutrition, and as well as for accounting
- We host regular Employee Welfare and Benefit meetings
- We provide dedicated HR partners to ensure a smooth, positive onboarding experience—plus 24/7 assistance in training, benefits, addressing challenges, and even long-range career advancement planning
Above all, we focus on treating staff with fairness and respect—as true partners. We know that a proud and engaged team member goes to the next level to delight your students, as we work together to be sure that each student feels like a guest.
Culinary and Nutritional Excellence:
We set high culinary and nutrition standards, and we constantly work towards the goal of excellence in your school’s foodservice program. To support this goal, Chef and President, Monty Staggs, leads a team of award-winning chefs who administer:
- Introduction of the highest quality food and ingredients available, with a focus on from-scratch cooking
- Onsite culinary support, training and team-building at every campus
- Continuous food quality evaluations by both culinary and nutrition experts
- True passion for innovative, student-approved menu development—including the development of at least 7 new cuisines per year (11-13 entrees per cuisine)
- Creation of specialty menus to meet dietary requirements for every student
- Clear reporting of ingredients and nutritional information, to keep students, school nurses and parents informed
Fun Nutrition and Culinary Events for Students:
At SFE, we know that getting students excited about food is about much more than great nutrition and flavor. That’s why we pay special attention to meal presentation. It’s also why we provide easy-to-read digital menus, appealing signage for our restaurant-style stations and even occasional visits from our costumed mascots. We want to create a fun atmosphere that just helps kids ENJOY mealtime.
In addition, we’ve developed a full curriculum of interactive classes and events to help students learn about cooking, healthy eating, fitness, sustainability and more. Our signature programs include:
- “Roving Chef” interactive cooking experience, where kids cook alongside a real Chef
- Farmer’s Markets
- Health Fairs
- Nutrition classes taught by registered dietitians
- Taste-testing of new menu dishes
Customized Program Support:
Our services are not one-size-fits-all. We can customize your program to meet the exact needs of your district. Special services to consider include:
- Custom menus, tailored to appeal to your regional and even district-specific tastes
- Custom on-trend marketing themes for your campus
- Cooking classes for students, parents and administrators
- Banquet and catering specialists and resources for large and small events
- Onsite school garden and composting programs
- Culinary Arts programs and scholarships, to give students a head start on a culinary career
SFE 100% Guarantee:
SFE is proud to stand behind our promise to bring the best, widest variety of student-approved menus—with a focus on fresh-from-scratch meals and unparalleled service.
We offer a Financial Guarantee of improved participation and revenues, because we have learned that this approach to fueling healthy, happy kids also consistently fuels the financial health of your school nutrition program.